Good thread.....

I am not a guide and have never hired a guide but admit upfront I have a problem tipping, even in restaurants although I do usually tip the waitresses unless they are totally incompetent.

Guides are a different issue. I figure I work my arse off for my customers, can tell stories with best of em and am available to them almost 24-7 when they have questions or issues.

I go the extra mile to insure they have the right product at the right time and a fair price. The way the last year has gone I have spent many, many extra hours accomplishing this for my customers. With the outstanding runs we have had this last year, sourcing product has been a nightmare and I will warn everyone, it is looking like this season is going to be as bad or worse.

I figure I this is what I get paid to do and a tip is not expected. That is how I look at guides. They get paid to work their arses off (remember boys, it IS a job and I don't imagine anyone is forcing you to make this your carreer... eek )

The egg issue is a tricky one..... it is pretty well understood down here that eggs stay with the boat. My thoughts are it should be negotiated up front and a 50-50 split makes sense unless a client uses more eggs than usual.