Quote:
Originally posted by RockLizard:
CFM,
The only thing I took as a personal attack is when micropt.. compared me to a vegan! A freakin vegan? Cmon you couldve compared me to Sadamm Hussein and I wouldve took less offense :p
Sorry Rocklizard its the only analogy I could come with at the time.

Ok dammit, flossing doesnt invove yanking unless your a rookie. I flossed for many years, and I'll tell you this.

Flossing involves a long poll or long arms or both 10 pound test line max!. flossing involves as long as a leader you can safely cast without hooking somebody or yourself, for me that was 14 foot leaders. I didnt fish on the otherside of the barrier this year but I hear you guys were using two ounces,thats ridicules your defeating the whole idea of the long leader! a slip sinker rig 3/4s of an ounce is all you need when rigged with proper line test 10#. you want your rig drifting paralell through the river sweeping as much holding water as possible. Flossing involves size one or size two hooks tied back to back opposite each other with one or two lime green or pink corkies toothpicked the uppermost hook should have just enough yarn for scent (fish do hit this rig too!)

Cast this rig at about two thirty up river. Pull the slack out which will also straighten your leader. Once your drift rig is in front of you start to slowly move your rod up and down from the nine thirty position two the eleven o-clock position. Continue this through the end of your drift.

Never yank! your just chasing fish out of your drift into somebody elses an giving flossing a bad name! Just set the hook, your hooks should be sharp. As your slowly moving your rod up and down your hooks will grab the fish. You will feel it and know its a fish before you set the fricken hook! sometimes the fish are hooked in the pectorial fin but most are in the mouth. I have played hundreds of springer from the other side and most the snagged ones will take you around the corner. most the legit fish will take you half way down. they run acrossed the river and hold paralell to your position the quickest way to get them in is to run down river below there position and pull them towards you. If its in the snappers hold it up and show it of too the plunkers in the p-lot acrossed the way, holler back too them. There talkin alot of smack.

There I spilled my guts are you happy now.

Again, I dont floss anymore, But I dont care if others do.

beer