Parker

I usually do not like to butt heads with you! But you are wrong on this issue when you say; " It's really only on the Cow do you see the 8-10' Leaders on a regular, daily basis, used by many folks in a given area. So much so, that this technique has become a "standard" for this river."

Parker, you appear to know more about fish then most casual fishermen do. That may be because of your education, or the place that you work for!

But sometimes you also appear to talk about a river that you do not fish very frequently or do not know that much about. I fish the Cowlitz more then most who post on this board do, with the exception of just maybe a few. I do not normally fish Blue Cr. more then once a year from the bank. But I do fish the Cowlitz many more time then you probably do!

So here's my question to you Parker; Other then the 2 to 6 guys that may fish this way at Blue Cr, and maybe the 2-6 guys that may fish this way at the Barrier Dam, WHO are "ALL OF THOSE OTHERS" that apparently are now giving the Cowlitz (according to your version) as being the proclaimed linners/flossers of the state? Do you really think that is not a common practice in other smaller rivers that you prefer not to mention, that this does not also occur?

Sometimes the Cowlitz takes a "wrong wrap" when it should not! Many other smaller rivers have their own "local problems", and many also may unfairly take fish every season in "their" own ways and methods, but most people would rather turns their heads and focus this practice only on other larger fished rivers such as the Cowlitz!

Because of the large number of hatchery fish that we get at the Cowlitz, It becomes a simple target for people to shoot at. The problems on the Cowlitz are only a cover up or shield for all the other smaller rivers that are not hit as hard but fished in the same way!!

If all this stuff is so illegal, unethical, or whatever, why then aren't there more Gamies out here making their quota?

Long before I even knew what flossing or lining was, it was going on at many smaller rivers like the Satsop, its mouth, and other tributaries on the Chehalis.

The Cowlitz has its problems, but they are really no different then many other smaller rivers.

We just get a hell of a lot more fishermen here (thanks to Tacoma Power) because we have so many hatchery fish!

Sorry Parker, but you went a little bit too far on this one in my opinion!

Cowlitzfisherman

Is the taste of the bait worth the sting of the hook????