Originally Posted By: DaveD
Originally Posted By: tydy
I figure I can get 5 --2/5 ounce BC steel spoons with this savings. A guys gotta fish!!

On a serious note, I gotta admit, I'm very skeptical about this merger. My whole life revolves around fish and fishing. May seem kinda pathetic to some but that's what I've chose. I'm leery that a merger like this will be better for the fish and wildlife of Washington state.

I like having a WDFW commision (assuming its not infiltrated with commerical interests) and a single agency with its mandate to protect wild fish and insure recreational fishing opportunity. I could totally see this getting lost with a merger. I'm a firm believer in paying for what you use. If we want to keep fishing, hunting, using parks or whatever, then it should come at a cost. I'm not a big fan of all the special interest committees that cost money, doesn't provide any revenue, and serves a minority. That is the stuff that should be cut, not added. Granted, WDFW needs good leadership at the top but what they need even more is the field staff to carry out the basic day to day needs. What they don't need is more upper level management.

I'd like to hear the perspective of WDFW staff on this issue.Yes, I'm very afraid things are going to get worse before they get better...if they ever get better.

If you want to hear their perspective their union testified during the last commission meeting: Dec 2-3-4 commission meeting audio transcripts click on this link and scroll down to ITEM #21, the open public comment period. They are the 1st people to testify.
Sounds like they are tired of being underpaid

Edited by rojoband (12/15/10 07:11 PM)