Failure to provide a consolidated front is an acknowledged weakness among sport interest groups here and elsewhere but is something that we have been working to overcome.

Todd, you have captured the essence of the Senator's political perspective (or at least my perspective of his perspective...) which is probably common - if not universal - where politicians do not have ALL of the control.

Again, whether I or others have always gotten everything we have wanted at least we can have an audience with the decision makers who are pretty knowledgeable folks as a body.

As far as accountability what has occurred with the heads of the agencies responsible for recent debacles such as the ferries (not) serving Pt. Townsend/Keystone? Or the $1MM rework of the not yet completed Highway 16 ramp in Tacoma? Or the Ft. Flagler Park sewer system repairs? I really don't even want to mention the Dept. of Social and Health Services - a mega agency. Nothing! Given that track record of failed accoutability at agencies where the Director is appointed by the Governor it is hard to accept that this reorg would be an improvement upon a Commission whose members the Governor appoints and the Senate may confirm.

Would our (sport) interests have fared better in recent years under the proposed system? If so, then why have the commercials been trying to undermine the Commission during that same period?

It's the person who has done nothing who is sure nothing can be done. (Ewing)