There are many sources of information to glean facts about our political "leaders" one that I like to check on from time to time is the leauge of conservation voters it was started by other disillusioned republicans like myself when the party made a shift from its Rooseveltian Conservation Ethic (Teddy the guy who started it all remember he was a Republican) to whatever it is you would call the lunacy we are engaged in now regarding the Enviroment.
One issue that is of intrest to all who read this board is water quality so here is the report card for both canidates.
Govenor Bush
More than 4,400 miles of Texas rivers one third of those monitored are so polluted they fail to meet federal standards for recreational and other uses.
Despite the harm, Texas ranks 46th among states for water resource protection, yet Bush continues to condem federal regulations.
Gore
Supports strengthening the clean water act
and investments in clean water to achieve fishable and swimable waters nationwide. He also vows if elected to veto congressional attacks on clean water.
There is alot more information available that show there is a choice I will try to supply information and keep my comments non partisan even though I still register as a Republican( I live in hope I may some day get to vote that way again)