Have no worry Wit45, I think your boy will win; here's why.

Because I don't think they actually thought of it themselves, GOP headquarters hired Ollie North (if he's caught he will tell nothing) to break into the Dem headquarters and steal the Clinton/Gore formula for success. How else do you explain how two virtually unknown southern boy gov's can come out of nowhere and beat a powerful, well liked incumbent like Bush?

Clinton/Gore were young, charismatic, very well polished orators/debaters that didn't look or sound like Newt or Rush, and told the American public exactly what they wanted to hear. How many of these features did Craswell and Dole have? NONE. How many of these features do Carlson and Bush have? MOST. (Carlson speaks fluent Limbaughnese, but he rides a Harley which makes up for it)

Watching the GOP convention it looked to me liked they were trying to be Dems. Just your ordinary, average, everday billionare Dems. They have done an about-face since four years ago, I think they might have finally figured out what it takes to win in these very different, modern times.

Wit45, I'm going to ask you 8 Foot's original question but in a different manner, please humor me and play along. You first have to take off your Redhot Republican hat and jump off the KVI supplied soapbox though, if it's possible.

Let's pretend that Mother Nature gets to vote. I know you hate it but she is a single issue voter - she only cares about the environment. The rivers, oceans, lakes, forests, animals, fish, etc. She does not give a crap about taxes, unemployment rates, interest rates, etc.

Who will Mother Nature vote for Wit?

TK