Kevin Lund- You are another person who is foolish to believe that a verbal confrontation turned into a gunfight couldn't happen on the river. I've seen the armpit of humanity and I am here to tell you that anything can happen. If you people refuse to believe that, then you are future victims. As for "greasing" somebody as they are running away with your money....You fail. Badguy is no longer considered a threat if he is running away from you. A grade of F for descision making. You could be charged both in criminal and civil for those actions.

People, I'm only posting to give you a reality check. For evey story you have that didn't turn out to be gunplay, I have several that did. You have no idea how many dirtbags there are out there. You would be shocked to know who lives around the corner from you. Burglars, Robbers, Rapists, sex offenders(many), and typical low-life scum drug users(many). Hey, not my choice, just reality. That is why officers tell you to lock up, leave lights on, put cars in your garages, be aware of your surroundings, don't leave your car running unattended while you're inside of a business getting a coffee(pet peeve). Get my drift?

On a personal note- I pack probably 50% of the time while I am on a river, and probably 25% of the time around town. So, I am not a gun freak who always has to have one with him all of the time. I'm not saying that those of you that pack 100% of the time are freaks. It just may be that you are 50% smarter then me on the rivers and 75% smarter around town. I probably should carry it 100% of the time (just being honest).