Why would I pack heat? 1. Previous job had many unpleasant people who would dearly love to find me alone in the woods. 2. I sometimes fish with a 10 year and 12 year old girls. I will protect them from any two or fourlegged animal that attempts to harm them. 3. Drunks who think they can team up and kick the "big" guys butt. 4. Animals who may think I am a tasty dinner. Does this make me a wuss? Or do I pull my gun for any reason at all. Nope, 99% of people who fish by me never will know or see my gun. In the eight years I have carried my gun fishing, I have never pulled it. Have I been glad I had it, heck yeah. Cougar stalking once. Am I a wuss? Ask the last guy I knocked on his butt for picking a fight with me. Do I need a gun for intimidation. I am 6'7" tall and weigh 350lbs, don't think so. But I believe everyone has the right to free speach, as long as they don't affect my right to keep and bear arms.