OK, I said that I wouldn't post on this subject again, but all you flamers have gotten the best of me, so here goes. EDDIE: You belong to Hangun Control Inc.? Shame on you! The arguement for not registering Handguns is a simple one..... We, as gun owners do not believe that it is any of the Government's business just what and how many weapons we own. This is America for crying out loud! The only reason for Handgun Control Inc. wanting to make registration of all handguns mandatory is because they know that mandatory registration is the first step to disarming the public. We might all do well to stop and remeber that just about every tyrant in history (Hitler, Stalin,Mao Tse Tung, etc.) started by first systematically disarming the people they were about to take over. If you wish not to have a firearm in your house, then that is your right. But please, dont impose your views on the rest of us. Also, you say that a gun free society would be a far less lethal one.Well if that's so, then why dont you explain the history of Northern Ireland, namely the IRA. Both Northern Ireland and The Republic of Ireland have very strict gun laws, but that doesn't stop the violence or the killing. You see, the IRA figured out a long time ago that they didn't need guns to kill lots and lots of people, they just started using bombs instead. Hell, they even found out that they could do MORE damage with bombs than with guns, so there goes the arguement that less guns will result in less deaths. The great men who founded our country were wiser than any of us give them credit for. They had the knowledge and the foresight to see that the only way to ensure our nations freedom and the freedom of her people was to put in that 2nd ammendment. Men have fought and died to defend the rights guaranteed in that 2nd ammendment. How dare you suggest that we put laws on the books that would make their sacrifices in vain. This isn't New Zeland, or Australia, or the U.K. This is America, and we, as Americans owe it to all those who have payed the ultimate price defending our freedoms to not give an inch when it comes to giving those freedoms up.