Wow, I didn't realize so many people packed when they go fishing. The only gun I've seen on a river was a guy who was putting on his strap at his car while gearing up. In my opinion I don't think it's necessary, except mabey in Alaska for grizzlies. There are no animals here in Washington that I feel I need to pack for. Cougars and black bears are seen often, but it's very rare that they will ever attack.

Being attcked by another person is even less likely. The only time anyone would pull out their gun on a person would be if the "bad guy" did it first, right? I've never been in this type of situation before, but if someone has a gun pointed at you I doubt they will just let you reach for yours. Seems like going for your gun would just increase one's chances of getting shot. If some lowlife ever approaches me on the river, I will do my best to aviod it, but I would take an ass whoopin' way before I would ever use a gun. Whats wrong with just carrying mace or a knife?

I'm not totally against guns or anything. Most people here seem to be responsible and know when it's appropriate to use a gun. I would feel safe fishing next to any of you, since I probably wouldn't even know you were packing. In my opinion though, I don't think it's neccessary to pack just to go fighing. If I ever saw a gun pulled on me or someone else on the river, I would quit fishing altogether.