This is a situation where one can come up with lots of "but what about?" that makes sense to go out. Like, I live on a bay; I could stand on my bank and fish. Or, I live on a lake or river and could do the same while interacting with nobody but the fish. In that case, it does seem dumb. But, if I leave my property I have the ability to infect others or be infected by them when I buy gas, bait, tackle, food, show my license to Warden, talk to the sampler.

Many here rag on WDFW for having supremely complex regulations. They did this to squeeze as much "opportunity" out of the available fish. They could do that now by, but it would be a couple hundred pages of exceptions to close.

I am already hearing friends with severely compromised health of bullets they have dodged, so far, by not being out in public. I am selfish enough that I want my family and friends, most of whom are older than me, to be around so we can do things together when this calms down. I am staying away from others so that they survive.