Sounds like you know exactly where im at Curt. Lake Marcel was man made something like 80 years ago. A small stream does feed it and it does have natural cutthroat living in it. The lake is open year around. Crazy thing to me is folks can take the same boat i can out in the lake still, kayakers, swimmers whatever and you just cant drop a line in the water now. I can honestly say this is the first time in atleast 15 maybe more years i have seen a game warden. Folks in our community just as a rule respect the resource and again pretty rare anyone fishes anyway. My back yard is quite literally the lake and i cant let my kids fish when there is a massive shortage of recreation available.

I build boats for a living and quite alot for all sorts of agencies. Spoke with Montana Fish and Game a few days ago and they said they were taking the opposite approach in that they are encouraging people to get out and fish to get some recreation and peace to keep their sanity. Of course theres alot less people and more space...

Edited by cobble cruiser (04/14/20 07:15 AM)