Originally Posted By: FleaFlickr02
Isolation is common sense at this point, but I'm living proof you don't have to disobey the guidelines to get sick. I've been "staying the f home," but I still managed to pick up some sort of virus. Only G-I symptoms so far, but from what we're learning, Coronavirus can start out as just about anything, so I'm concerned. Really hoping I don't develop a cough or chest pain in the coming days (and yes, I'm even more holed-up than I was before).

I know this isn't what everyone wants to hear, but even self-isolation is no guarantee, against this or any illness. It's pretty obvious it gets spread by more ways than direct transfer via droplets, and there's growing suspicion it can just suspend in air for long periods of time, which makes going outside for a bike ride or run a much more risky proposition. It must be more effective at controlling spread, so we should keep doing it, but don't assume isolation is a guarantee of safety.

In case you can't tell, I'm taking this MUCH more seriously now that I'm a little sick. It all feels very real (and frightening) to me now. It's probably not reasonable (odds are it's something different), but that's what happens to a person's mindset when they're stuck at home and constantly being inundated with scary news.

Stay safe....

I hope you feel better soon.

Any idea as to what may have caused a potential exposure? Packaging from groceries? Checking the mailbox? A visitor to the home? Working in the yard downwind from some people in the neighborhood?