Originally Posted By: SBD
I guess I have more faith in NMFS than most when they say we can use x number of impacts and not hurt the recovery effort..All the rest like this bill is just an allocation issue, even though its title says Salmon Protection Act.. It never explains how it will protect the fish other than passing the burden to the next user group above them, and with all the fine print it reaks of something else..Kinda of a rotten egg smell

Really? Allocation... Its ONE change. Ban nets, and switch gear. The rest just plugs the loop holes.
It wont protect Salmon? The tribes can also go to selective gear and Ive been told TWICE, since the tribes are CO MANAGERS they are responsible for reducing ESA mortality. That came from a rep that works for the tribes. You assume this is the end. Its not. Process of elimination.

NMFS? Then where is the recovery? Great science behind the San Juan Island MPA.

How many people do you know on the NMFS board? Florida CCA has/had four in the last year or so. There are about 150 people on that board. Ever had to sue NMFS? CCA did and won. look it up. From what I understand they still have to pass it up to Commerce, which is our old buddy Gary Locke.

Ive been reading a commercial site. Even they dont trust NMFS. Ive been guilty of finding a comfortable place and not paying attention. When they rolled over me, I didnt even feel it.