Trump's response to the economy has kept it alive.
During the Democrats response to a crisis, the economy spun out of control I personally lost about $200,000 in wealth, most of which will never come back I had to dump the asset at a loss to keep my family fed. I was talking to my brother and he personally knew 6 people that killed themselves after they lost everything. It was immediate and out of control for most of us. I was self employed, so I got nothing. I owed $32,000 0 on a $250,000 asset (my home) and had to dump another asset at 1/3 the pre-crisis value to save it. The banks refused to work with me. At one point, the builder I was working at was still building and selling homes. Employing people and paying taxes. The government upped the requirements on the banks while promising to cover any losses. They came to the builder and tried to call the loan, even though it would put him out of business and result in a several hundred thousand dollar loss for them. It didn't matter, the government would cover the loss, but if they did not do it, they could loose their license. He pushed them off and paid off the loan.

These were some of the great policies of the Democrats during a crisis. From my perspective, almost every move they made deepened the crisis. They came and foreclosed on homes, lowered the prices and sold them only to the few home owners or investors who could buy. In many of the areas I worked, about 90% or more of the sales were foreclosures that were purposely price below market to sell quickly. Getting a loan, for many, was almost impossible. Then, refuse to sell to investors. Is it any wonder that prices spiraled downward as the few qualifying buyers chose to buy greatly undervalued properties? Or that the very rich were able to buy assets at pennies on the dollar. At one point, the FDIC offered 120 lots at about 75% of the development costs. I have buyers that wanted them, but the sale was for $3.2 million. No bank would loan that much and they refused to parcel them off in smaller lots. They sold them to a multimillionaire I know for just over a million in an auction. Within a week of the auction he sold some off for the original list of around $30,000 each. The rest he held onto and sold for around $70,000 each 3 years later.

Did the democrats suspend foreclosures or evictions? No. Did they offer unemployment to the millions of self-employed. No. What they did was extend unemployment to the those working in large corporations and businesses (read lots of union type employers) and redistribute wealth to large corporations and wealthy investors.

So tell me again how great the democrats were in 2008-2012, and how bad Trump is. Are any of you losing your homes? How many have lost their entire retirement accounts. How many of your friends have killed themselves as a result of the economy? Are you better off now economically then you were in 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, or 2014? Yes, eventually it turned around, but I feel I lost almost 12 years of my life. Despite all the problems of this year, I am still doing as well or better. Right now I am about to sell an asset that I was unable to sell for $35,000 five years ago for around $120,000 -in the middle of a pandemic. I take that over what happened in 2008 any time.

There are lots of reasons to hate Trump. Just chose wisely.