Boater's post seems to cover it pretty well.

I had planned on buying the Discovery Pass to access DNR lands in my usual Fall Chantrelle foraging trips, but that does not seem required.

I may buy one now but I may wait until next year since I already have my WDFW parking pass and confirmed reservations for State Park camping for this year, neither of which will require a Discovery Pass and have been contributing to State Parks each time I renew the licenses on my vehicles.

In my case the Discovery Pass will only be $15 more than I contribute now so it is not a major money issue.

If enforcement citations and court systems are not any better than now with the WDFW parking permits, it will not be worth the time for either county Sheriff's officers or WDFW LE's to issue citations.

When I discussed this with a Sno county officer last year, he informed me that they don't enforce parking stickers at the Lewis Street WDFW access ramp here in Monroe since WDFW officers do citations on their computers and the tickets are mailed. Since there is no visible ticket, they have no way of knowing if a citation has already been issued.

Since the money from any fines goes to the county, there is very little incentive for a WDFW LE to write tickets. It just results in more paper worked for an already overworked LE.

I feel the Discovery Pass is a good idea, but doubt that it will bring in the revenue hoped for by the State.

Last summer when I talked to the Sno county officer, there were 50 cars parked at the access site, it was a hot summer day with many families and groups wading or swimming.

Not one had a parking permit.