It's been said if you lock up a bunch of monkeys in a room with a typewriter, they will eventually produce a POS novel, or an article for an outdoor magazine wink. When a number of WA legislators were sequestered in similar confines, they came up with the Discover Pass. A decade ago, our representatives decided the citizens of this state should pay $5.00 to park, picnic, fish, or use the restrooms in WA State Parks. Useage of state parks dropped dramatically and considerable ill will was created by the fee. That fee was dropped, but later replaced by the $5.00 vehicle license surcharge. More ill will was created when the "voluntary" contribution was charged to all licenses, thus requiring one to opt out, or pay up. In the past, I've willing paid the surcharge, but those days are over. Now I'm trying to figure out where I can recreate without giving this state a dime more than is absolutely required. Others have indicated they are doing the same. The fees are excessive when one considers all the other permits required to use the public lands in this state. Not allowing the $35 Discover Pass to be transferred between a pass holder's vehicles is only one indication of how out of touch WA "representatives" are with their constituents and the economic challenges they are facing. I hope this POS legislation burns up in a wildfire of public protest.