Originally Posted By: Dogfish
Would have been nice if the CCA would have helped to reduce the cost to fishing license holders by playing ball, but they refused to, so we get to pay twice. How much is an annual CCA membership? $30?

As fast as this legislation went through it seems like the "users" were an easy target. Lots of user groups are affected.

I am not expert at CCA but as an involved member I know that CCA was actively involved in mitigating costs by advocating against charging hunting and fishing license holders another fee above the one already paid to "use" public WDFW lands. I honestly don't see how CCA could be expected to drive the process more than that given the legislative climate.

In this era of decreasing state revenues the pressure to add "fees," which seem to gore everyone elses' ox, is more palatable than "taxes." I'm not sayin' I like it, just that I understand it.

And the question of input from other groups is valid. I don't think NRA, PSA, WSC, or NSIA are happy to see access limited by the increased fees.

I wonder about enforcement like another poster. Where are the funds for enforcement going to come from? And are the "poor and elderly" really going to come up with the money to buy the pass, as the Times article talked about. I don't think so. Another unenforceable mandate.

FWIW, I actually bought a pass on line today, not because I think it is fair, or good, but because I am basically like 98% of us and try to follow the laws, and don't want the hassle of a ticket for using "my" lands. And I am fortunate enough to afford the frakkin' thing.