Originally Posted By: Larry B
So, as this discussion morphed into a pissing contest over what various organizations did or did not do in respect to how the Discover Pass was created and who paid and which organization received how much of the proceeds who has gained and who has lost? (Rhetorical question - no responses needed or desired) I am convinced that the result has not been positive change from constructive discussion/criticism. Very unfortunate!

From my perspective the real issue here is that we have just seen WDFW devalue the VAP to zero by referring to it as complimentary and therefore at least giving the impression that NONE of the license fees we pay will go toward maintenance. That could mean that WDFW will rely solely upon its 8% of the $30.00 ($2.40 gross before any administrative fee deducts) coming in from each sold Discover Pass for WDFW's maintenance program. If that is the case (and I hope I am wrong) I doubt that we will see any improvements in the field.

I believe Director Anderson should address this issue rather than allow the Department's major stakeholders to perceive that they have been disinfranchised. That action would be entirely within the perview of the Department under the concept of transparent Government. Here's hoping.

Bravo!!!! & Well Stated. The only thing that I could possibly add of value would be, "That action would be entirely within the perview of the Department under the concept of transparent and Accountable Government."

Edited by JohnQ (06/28/11 02:51 PM)

AuntyM -- What Crab Audit???? Not That POS Senior AssHat Published!!!!

Hey Mr Childers, have you corrected that Scofflaw Spreadsheet Yet?????