Originally Posted By: Evo
im trying to follow you, but you sometimes confuse me rofl

i ordered the 40 MOA rail because you had recommended it...

Slow down and think. Read what I suggested again from the start. Optic, Rings, Rifle & Bullet have to work together as a unit.

Consider what happens to a given scope's FOV and erector limitations when X's go up from the recommended 6X to 10X to your choice of a 16X. Now consider that with 40 moa of erector travel required by your rail. While you're likely OK and it is advantageous to have extra *up* in the bank, a 250 pace zero and 10 mils on the reticle alone will get you way past what most ever need....

As for factory fodder and components, Hornady's are generally the most for the least. YMMV.

After you establish a zero, pull the elevation turret off, *lightly* dress the two o-rings with silicone grease and drop a rubber hose washer into the revealed space on top of the scope. Align the "0" and gently press the turret back into place. If the bottom of the turret contacts the top of the hose washer, all is well and you can snug down the hex screws. Don't farm tighten them. The turrets are aluminum and the threads can be stripped. If you don't make contact, add another washer and repeat. What did you just do?