you were right about the RPM's driftin...

i talked to a gunsmith yesterday about another project im going to be doing soon (Remington 721 in triple duece), and brought up the 700 and the 178s and 200s....

this barrel has a 1:11 twist, the longer heavier bullets cant be stabilized i guess... basically this is the exact same rifle (minus stock most likely) that the USMC snipers use to this day, with kills out to 1500 yards... the bullet they use, is a 175 grain Sierra Match King, hence why the 178s performed so well and the 200s didnt at all....

the problem however, is you cant find any... they need to be handloaded it looks like...

im gonna run those 178s again, those ELD's should be a better bullet than the SMK, and since im not up and running loading yet, thats what my choice is, he said i could also try 168 grain and 180s and 190s but anything longer than that, im not going to get any performance....i think i will try 168s before 180, because its a tad shorter so well see....

i got the bore guide, its a Sinclair, inside of it, you can see what looks like rifling? but there is little burrs coming off the plastic in there, little thread like pieces of plastic, im going to run the bore brush down it and try to scrape them off so they dont end up in the grooves of the rifle then get melted in when i fire a round if i dont get them all out....

sound about right?