I, too, expected a little more rut action, and was disappointed to see that it didn't happen...we had times with bucks and does both together in our area, and they mostly ignored each other.

Several opportunities for some really beautiful two points arose, but we weren't there for those, so passed...we sure saw a lot of deer, though, and that is a significant difference compared to our usual western Washington blacktail efforts!

We had a day of sideways 33 degree slushy rain with 5 or 6 inches of actual snow on the ground...lots of activity that day, to say the least, just not the shooters we were looking for.

The weather, unfortunately, got nicer and nicer over the trip, and though we saw many deer every day, we saw more in one afternoon on the crappy weather day than the entire rest of the time combined.

Nothing to be too disappointed about, it was great to get out of town and do something new and different, been a while since I was in the field with a rifle, which was cool, even if I didn't shoot it at anything wink

Fish on...

Todd

Team Flying Super Ditch Pickle