Originally Posted By: NickD90
What kind of glass do you have on that Kimber Parker?

I need to push my Weatherby short barrel .308 out a bit further as well...but within the capabilities of my simple 3x9. I only care about hunting scenarios, so a max of 400 - 500 and in from multiple angles and positions. A .308 at 500 is really pushing it for my ethics on live animals. Not a fan of ultra long range shots on critters. Too many variables and things can go wrong + most hunters don't have the skills to get it done at those longer ranges. It's dialed in for 200 or less, but I haven't had the chance to push it further than that and see what it can do or most importantly, what I can do with it.

I'm torn on my next gun. It'll either be a 45-70 lever gun or a long range stick. Keith - I'll definitely be seeking you out if I decide to go with the later.

Let me know, I've spent too much time in the world of long range and more importantly the time in reloading and mastering that aspect of it. Truthfully, imho the precision in reloading is more important that an expensive long range gun. It's being able to load to Extreme Spreads (velocity max/min) under 10fps in consistency. That allows you to find the harmonic node of the barrel and gives you the abililty to repeat in precision.

I personally haven't harvested an animal past 550 yards, but my intent is to do so. More of a bucket list thing. I've made ethical shots with a bow at 4 yards out to 72 yards. I've made ethical shots with a smoke pole out to 186 yards and now intent to make an ethical shot out to 900 or 1000 yards with the long gun. moose

Keith