Originally Posted By: Todd
Here's my completely not in-depth wrap up for Deer Camp 2020.

It's not a 100% given, but nearly so, that you get two tags where we hunt...the "second deer - antlerless" is almost a sure thing.

Plan was to shoot an antlerless deer, and unless a masher walked out, sit on my buck tag and take a trip over to eastern Washington to my turkey grounds, which also happen to be good whitetail grounds, and see about a big WT for the other half of the take.

Took care of the antlerless deer easily enough, sat on the buck tag, and took a trip east.

Nick and I saw a metric shitton of deer over there, and plenty of legal bucks, but none of the mashers we were hoping for...so didn't fill the buck tag on that trip.

Whidbey was kind enough to provide a big bodied 3x4 for me, and while he wasn't as big as a few of the deer I passed on in eastern Washington, he was a good one for a blacktail!

FWIW, my third biggest blacktail since hunting on Whidbey commenced seven years ago now...

He and I spent about 15 minutes together waiting for hunting hours to commence, and about 15 seconds into legal time he was down...

...and then a bit later when Nick arrived, pic #2...

The other fellas can fill in their stories...or not...as they see fit wink

Fish on...

Todd

Good work, Toff !