Originally Posted By: Todd
Nah, 00 for the win. Shot the very first Whidbey BT with a slug, right in noggin, but all the rest have been with buckshot.

Buckshot has better range and knock down...but since this is more like grouse hunting than deer hunting, being able to snap one off at the chest and feel good about a hit works better with the 00.

I've passed on a couple of shots at unsuspecting bucks that were a bit too far to throw shot at, when I may have taken a poke with a slug, but I know I've hit a couple on the hop that would have been far less likely kills with a slug, including the biggest island BT that I've seen in person, the one I shot last year.

Fish on...

Todd

Been running the 00 Buck as well in area's the long gun can't come out of the case. Did step up to the HEVI-Shot Dead Coyote load 5-6 years ago. It's hard to come by in the 3.5" but I have a few of those Roman Candles left. It literally hit's like a ton of bricks. Last one I shot did a triple axle ending in a cartwheel. I'd have scored it a 9.8/10 had I had a score sheet on me at the time... Only reason I didn't score it 10/10 was it landed on it's belly, had it landed on it's back ready to be gutted it would have got the 10 mark...

Keith