Originally Posted By: NickD90
Originally Posted By: Direct-Drive
Originally Posted By: NickD90
Also, I didn't capture this in my trip report, but it was an awesome feeling to be carrying my old 1894 again. That gun is just money and feels so right in the hand. It's like carrying rarified air. They certainly don't make em' like that anymore.

I just recently caught the lever gun bug.
Grabbed me a Marlin 1895 45-70 22"
Pimped it with a big loop lever, Skinner Alaskan peep and a Montana sling.

Ooo...very nice! I was just chatting with Todd on our Sunday drive home about wanting a 45-70 lever gun for dark timber Elk and possibly maybe a bear one day. While not classic styling, this one has caught my eye. Marlin 1895 Dark Series. Slap a reflex on and it should be good to go. I do wish they made this model with a bit longer barrer though.

I like dark colored, coated metal & synthetic stocks for the wet side. Less to worry about as I like to hunt my guns instead of having safe queens. Meaning I could care less about aesthetic and nicely grained wood that swells or metal that can rust over night. Timbered Elk is a contact sport, so if'n it can take a beating from the elements (and me) and still get the job done, I'm all in.

You'll have to let me know how yours shoots and works out for ya'... pretty please.

Just got an email from Henry.
They are adding side loading gates to several popular models.
This is good news, Henry has been criticized for their tube-fed lever guns.
Nice-looking rifles they are.
https://view.email.henryusa.com/?qs=c730...4691dfeb7be6cdf