Originally Posted By: elparquito
The kimber has a break on it, but I'd love to put a suppressor on it, but that would be like putting a 2lb dumbbell on a spaghetti noodle. The barrel is so damn thin that any weight on the front of it would have to make it wobble. No way it wouldn't.

Here's Kimber's very own take on how to shoot their rifle:

https://www.kimberamerica.com/dealer/blog/tips-for-shooting-lightweight-kimber-rifles/

The rifle weighs 4 pounds. With a scope, it's not hitting 6.

It has an adjustable trigger and I've got it set as light as it will go without the trigger slipping/firing when butt-stocked slammed. There's not a whole of metal on metal contact! I have no idea what the weight is, but it's close to 2 or less.

I really want a suppressed hunting rifle. No idea what I'd get...but I know that I like the custom guns and I don't like the idea of spending 4-5 thousand on a rifle and another grand on the suppressor and another grand on a scope. I'd be $7,000 in on this stick. Ouch. I don't hunt that much to warrant that.

Both my Rem 700's had trigger work done on them and I'd probably have a new shooter to the rifle take a test run on the trigger before firing it. You look at these triggers wrong and they want to fire.

I'm not a flincher, but even with a break, the Kimber wears on you after a few rounds.

The Rem 7mm Mag has no break and it's a fvcking thumper. The .270 also has no break, but isn't bad with recoil.

I'd get both or either barrels threaded...but only specialty suppressors exist for these high-pressure calibers....are are SUPER expensive and SUPER hard to get.

I did the titanium 10" break for my RUM, only weighs 14 ounces. Just the length that's a bit obnoxious... But in most cases a suppressor will assist with accuracy more than not as it helps tame the harmonics of the barrel. Take your noodle barrel, it actually would show more help with it than a standard to bull barrel. So it helps in more than one way. My barrel on my rum is carbon fiber wrapped so it's on the light side as well, adding the suppressor assisted in tightening the groups.

Here's an example of a 4 shot group at 200 yards from the 300 RUM with suppressor shooting 208 grain Hornady ELD-M's at 3005fps.

I could really turn that 7 mag into a thumper if I loaded it like I did Craigs gun, that caliber loves it some Retumbo. His gun eats up 70.0 grains of Retumbo with a 168 Berger VLD and makes roughly 3066fps. It's a smasher/ripper/thumper but one heck of an accurate rifle too. He had it custom built on a defiance action and Benchmark barrel. Spits darts!

Keith