You’re welcome Snit.

Speaking of triggers, I fell in love with the Timney Calvin elite 2 stage trigger. It’s 8 ounces on the first stage then there’s a wall and it’s a 1 pound second stage. In other words, I’d be scared to death of a one stage one pound trigger. But having it as two stage makes sense. You wanna talk about adding to the ability in precision, it makes a huge difference in how you can shoot. No squeeze, squeeze and squeeze them boom as your wandering all over the bullseye anymore. I have them in my long range guns.

The discussion of recoil is an important one, if its a gun that kicks and a person is a flincher they'll never be able to accomplish long range shooting. It takes the calmest and most relaxed motions. This is part of the reason I stepped down to a 6.5-284. A high Ballistic Coefficient bullet (I shoot the Berger 156 EOL with a G1 BC of .679 and G7 BC of .347) will hold velocity and energy further out. For example, one might compare the 6.5-284 to a 7MM. At closer ranges the 7MM holds more velocity and energy but with the average bullet BC that's factory loaded will end up having less velocity/energy at say 600 yards than the high BC bullet I shoot out of the 6.5-284. The drag of the bullet in flight is what's mainly affected.

When it comes to recoil, I shoot the 6.5-284 without a break and there's minimal if any kick, if I put the break on a 8 year old can shoot it. My 300 RUM requires at minimum a break and with that you can't be ANYWHERE near this gun when it goes off without hearing protection. So I opted to put a 30 caliber suppressor on it. It now kicks like a 243 and sounds like a balloon popping at best. It's actually the perfect combo other than the barrel length is obnoxious with the suppressor, 26" barrel and 10" suppressor makes it a pain in the ass to pack in the woods. But the whole set up is at 9 pounds with a bipod so I've defied the heavy ass magnum gun.

I'm contemplating rebarreling the RUM and putting a 28 nosler barrel on it, add the freebore and set myself up to shoot the 195 Berger EOL's. This combination would make a solid 1200-1300 yard gun and no doubt a gun that could ring steel at a mile...

Keith