Originally Posted By: eyeFISH
Originally Posted By: stlhdr1

Doc,

I respect your knowledge in life/job...

But this post is plain stupid.......

Where you going with this?

That attitude will get sportfishers [censored]....

Keith

We have a state mandate to provide meaningful sport AND commercial fisheries while conserving the resource.

Just exploring new paradigms for BOTH fisheries to co-exist without destroying the resource.

Sport priority at low run-sizes seems to be working fairly well in my neck of the woods.

Chehalis was constrained to a whopping 24 hours of NON-treaty gillnetting this season. Sports got a basinwide opener beginning Sept 16 with a 2 wild coho retention top to bottom in the mainstem Chehalis all the way down to the bay. Lots of happy folks from the feedback I've been getting. If that's getting phucked, then I say bang away!

If you've got better ideas, I'd love to hear 'em.

Keith,

I read the aforementioned post several times and fail to see the stupidity.

I agree with Doc. If you've got better ideas than I'm all ears. Otherwise calling something stupid while failing to quantify just exactly why something is stupid. Is just plain,....... well,....... stupid.

Doc I have more questions about the Tier system and who and how they come up with those numbers. Pre-run forecasts? Will or would there be mid-season adjustments if escapements are not what was expected?