Originally Posted By: Lucky Louie
Originally Posted By: stlhdr1

It's simple. We can't have wild fish #'s that meet escapement through out the CR system and have sizeable hatchery plants too. So what's it going to be? What road are we headed down?

Is CCA going to be a bunny hugger, fern sniffing group or are they going to support some hatchery plants so they can compensate for this "selective" fishing idea which is going to shortfund the sporties from hatchery fish?

What's it going to be? You can't survive on both sides of the table... It don't work......
Keith

Keith It looks like your concerns to this point are:
1)ESA wild fish listed
2) Is it worth rebuilding wild stocks
3) hatchery plant cuts or increases
4)commercials WILL catch more hatchery fish with selective gear after tests

The feds hold the cards. 13 ESA wild stocks have been listed over the years , and evaluated individually for a plan of recovery so rebuilding wild stocks is a priority and out of your hands and in the feds.

The recent Columbia Basin Hatchery DEIS could have plant cuts if status quo isn’t selected which would again be controlled by the Feds.

The selective gear tested is being funded by the feds and the idea and process began in 2001 by the feds.

So let’s point you in the right direction to NMFS, NOAA and the U.S. Dept. of Commerce so you can start to direct your displaced anger to the right places. You could also attempt to be on a CR advisory board or join an organization that is involved in the process currently but that probably won’t happen because;
Displaced anger: This kind of anger is partially defensive. Displaced anger will not heal. It's expression may give temporary relief, but will be repeated over and over without healing---hence this same old fluff from you over and over again on this and other past threads.

You stated the obvious with 1-4, except I fixed #4 for you...

You can call it anger, but I'd prefer to call it as it is. I'm frustrated as all get out that an organization would support giving the commercials more hatchery fish...

But what's the point of the CCA in the LCR if you're telling me the feds control all of it?

What groups supported the recent Columbia Basin Hatchery DEIS?

Keith