Thats just classic department style. I sort of doubt the fisheries dept supported the construction of dams, anywhere. They were given assurances most likely and whatever congress put into law. Generations down the road, if you arent advocating for it, its going to disappear. I have seen in a short time, we can make a difference, because we have. The clock is running and frankly, its opposing NPO agendas that create problems. Some of them are funded by the govt for their own projects and of course their management salaries. Some of the them begin to look like defacto departments of WDFW. Yet WE dont have anything to say about the priority or the agendas of the group that are given the grant money, the state does not have. Several are resource oriented and really dont care if anyone gets to fish. One of them was far more concerned about the seals than the rockfish and other prey. Anglers were the problem.

Several folks have told me the state doesnt even run the fisheries anymore due to federal oversight.