Originally Posted By: NickD90
Originally Posted By: Evo
Hey rvr..

What 1 do all choke should i buy?

Extended, ported please...

Just use the modified that came with it. You aren't going to use it for special hunting applications, so no need for an extended choke. KISS. Test your patterns on the backside of Christmas wrapping paper at various distances until you find a pattern that suits you.

If you insist on wasting your money on a specialized choke for no reason, review Carlson's catalog. They make hundreds of specialized chokes.

Remember to keep your threads clean and use some good choke grease or you could end up with a fixed choke for life. DO NOT overtighten. Just nice and snug.

Test a bunch of different brand shells to find out which ones eject cleanly. Some AL's and pumps have difficulty ejecting certain shells. If the shell crimp is too long by even a mm, they can hang up in the ejection port.

Have fun.

Great answer, unless you're planning to punch a thunder chicken at 50+, it's more about the ammunition your shooting. Extending the guns ability and patterns don't change that much from the factory choke.

Personally, I run the Hevi Shot 3.5" Dead Coyote 00 Buck on deer and the Hevi Shot Turkey magnum blend for the Banana Beards...

When it comes to ducks/geese just shoot Kent fasteel in the #1 or #2's, I've bought the black clouds and tungsten loads and they're a waste of money.. 3" #2's are plenty for the Sky Carp!

If you can't lead a bird, the shot don't matter.

Keith