update on the clunkers..

Franchi doesnt care for the Winchester Uni bulk shells, i think its the ribbing being so miniscule on them compared to Estate or Remington or Federal shells... less ribs, equals more surface area touching metal, which could make it more difficult to eject with the 7/8th ounce loads... runs the other brands fine, and 1 oz when i can find them fine as well... still a good shooting gun tho, havent shot it in a little while, cleaned it a couple days ago and shot a round of trap with it yesterday, hit 24 so not too bad...

now on to the Beretta...

it has been the definition of reliable, completely astonished... people have asked how many rounds out of it i have, and i always say about 6-8k, well thats off... way off..

i try to shoot 600 rounds a week and i have had it about 30 weeks... well 600 times 30 is 18k shells, but there are a couple days i havent shot, or a couple that i shot 400 or 450 or whatever... 400 times 30 is 12k...

so legitamately i probably have 13-14.5k out of it so far, and there has only been 1 issue...

the Winchester Uni bulk ammo isnt the greatest, and there was 1 shell that had a bulge in it and it wouldnt fit into the barrel, i was shooting skeet, and click, nothing, bolt was only like 3/4 of the way closed... wad inside the shell was kicked sideways and had a bulge in the middle preventing it from going all the way in...

other than that, its ran like a swiss watch, dirty, rainy, hot, whatever, thing just keeps going...

ive seen 4 A400s have cycling issues with certain loads, the A300 cycles everything (i havent shot those gimmick mini shells however)...

thanks for the advice on the Beretta snit, love the thing, for the money, it cant be beat...

oh, and i after a only a few months of doing it, shot a 26/26 in skeet yesterday (hit 2 with 1 shell), followed it up with a 24/25, because i missed the last fvcking bird...

oh well, sh!t happens...