got the choke a couple days ago, went and shot 8 rounds in about an hour or so yesterday...

it didnt do anything numbers wise, im still in the 22-24 range (generally upper end) consistantly, but i did notice that the clays are exploding alot more violently when hit, so that is a good thing..

it also comes loose easily, im checking it every 5 shells now and its a tad loose, i guess my version of "hand tight" might not be what everyone elses is, or, its normal, or as 1 person pointed out yesterday i might be using too much grease...

yesterday was a bit different than most days, i shot my first 4 rounds just plain old trap, till this really cool guy with a 4k dollar Benelli came and shot with me and talked me into shooting Skeet, which ive never done before...

while it was fun, it was incredibly difficult, but, it was my first time so im not beating on myself too much...

then we went back to the trap house, and he suggested we shoot Continental, which i also have never done before... did OK, hit 22 of 25 and only fired 1 round per clay...

then went back to trap for the last round, and this really cool older guy (competition shooter) came and asked to shoot with me, not a problem at all...

he was looking for his ear plugs, and i offered him a fresh pair but he said he had some in his car, and was about to set his shotgun down on the table, so i said i can hold that for you sir, and he handed it to me...

it was a 31k dollar Kreighoff, and damn was that thing nice.. the detail in the engraving, the balance, the weight, incredible, way out of my price range tho...

he was a very polite and respectful guy, we were BS'ing and i had mentioned that i havent hit the 25th yet (came close), and have shot for a long time...

his response, kinda flipped a switch, and hes right, because i do it every. single. time...

"stop counting"

i dont nessecarily "count" but i keep repeating in my head, "you have hit every one, its gonna happen", and i end up rushing myself and missing by very small margins.. its gonna take a while for me to adjust that tho as i have always done it... what i need to be doing is SLOW DOWN and just have fun, stop trying to push myself and compete with myself in every aspect of everything i do for the most part.. because thats when i make mistakes..

i really pushed myself further than i normally do yesterday, as instead of 6 rounds i planned on shooting 10, so i shot the first 4 very very quickly (like 15 or 20 minutes quick), and on the 4th round i was kinda fatigued in my arms, and on 1 of them, i called pull, bird came out, locked on, went to pull the trigger, and nothing happened...

meaning my finger didnt move... my brain told it to move, but nothing happened... never experienced something like that before... think it was just lactic acid buildup from pushing myself too fast...

another thing that is weird is the DRAM allowance, we can only go to 3 and i was running a couple boxes of 3 1/4 and Ed the RSO came and told me that it was 3 max, he let me run the rest but i have to stick with 3 i guess... odd thing tho, is they are 1 OZ loads at 1290 FPS and the AA shells were 1 oz at 1300, which is 100 FPS higher than standard Win SS 1200 1 1/8th loads... he said it was because of distance and houses back behind the burm..

but how is 90-100 FPS going to carry a tiny ass bb 500 plus yards further?

and what about reload guys that dont even crono their sh!t, they just know what works for them?

he agreed, but as of right now, rules are rules so i have to go by them... weird thing, i do better actually with those higher FPS and DRAM loads even if they do recoil a tad bit more...