Beretta 68-X are really good "journeyman" guns. That platform (it's evolved, and I'm not too informed on the newest and greatest models) has been around since the early 80's at least. There are lots of available parts, most gunsmiths can work on them, and they're very reliable. Some models were more adept at refurbishment than others though, fyi (I think the 682 could be fully rebuilt, but the 686 couldn't?) I haven't looked in a long time, but check out Joel Etchen Firearms online (PA). (His dad was Rudy Etchen, a famous trapshooter) They were a large Beretta target shotgun dealer, with very good specials at times. One time my pops and I purchased 7 Beretta Super Trap Combo Sets from them, as they were priced so good!

As to skeet, glad you like it! I haven't shot a round in...I don't know how long? 20+ years? I never took to it, as there wasn't any money in the tournaments (just like 16yd trap, that's why I concentrated on Handicap). When I shot skeet, I got bored halfway through a round, knowing that the target always flew in the same path...not that I always broke the bird though. Small gauge would be fun, for a round or 2 (I just bought a .410 O/U for kicks)

International skeet, now that's a different critter! Never tried that. Like Internation Trap (Bunker), completely different disciplines. I can't help you on the 20ga shells, I have several cases of new laid in that I purchased for $3/box (Rem 7/8oz of #8,#9) at an estate sale 2 years ago for whatever game birds we want to pester. Otherwise, I'm thankful I didn't listen to the naysayers about a year ago in regards to components/ammo stockpiling! I'll be happily reloading for years to come (shotgun anyhow).

BTW...crazy how the price of diesel has increased $1 in about 2 months!