Sorry, didn't see the new activity. Parker is correct as usual though!

I agree, the I/M can't hurt at all. CT's are like fishing plugs though, get a couple and unless something is terribly wrong (you'll know right away) you don't need to buy/try but a couple. Set it and forget it. There are reasons and excuses for failure in every hobby and guys selling products/gimmicks to cure those excuses to make a living. Remember, it's a simple game man! After a couple of rounds, you've seen every possible angle. After that, it's just concentration and gun fit. (easier said than done)

"I did competitive trap in high school.....used my Wingmaster 870...because I couldn't afford anything else...and did quite all right. Still my most favorite scatter gun to shoot. Don't let the snobs with the bazillion dollar over/unders rattle you!

It's all fun and games to talk about all the 25's you have (or almost have) until you get a handicap.

You'd be surprised at how even moving a stupid yard back messes you up your shooting, let alone multiple yards.

Man, I wonder how many thousands of lead #8 AA shells I reloaded in my MEC 600 Jr. single stage reloader!?!"

I too started out with a field model 870 (20 ga), then 12ga 870 field, then a 870 Trap for a couple years. Along with a 600JR my dad had, I can't believe we didn't wear that thing out! 100 shells an hr, and that was flat-out MOVIN! I saved up and bought a worn-out progressive P/W, for $250, and I could do 400/hr then.

Yes, reloading was all about lowering the overall cost to shoot. We had a shot maker as well, I'd like to know how many tons I made over 15 years.. Now that I'm "back into it" (barely) most guys are just buying new shells in bulk, as the cost of components are so expensive. I'm still reloading, but I've got alot of components, or I find people selling off their old stuff. Plus I enjoy it. "Adding accuracy"..a little, but more so finding a load that's quick but doesn't build pressure and kick so much, and shoots well in your gun. Especially for long handicap, which I shoot (where the money was).