You guys are both right. The tribe will net again this year while us recs are on the sidelines. Its the lack of any backbone from the state to do something about it is what drives me bananas. There are dispute resolution processes beyond the terse letters the tribe and state have been exchanging the past month over coho or during previous steelhead seasons. But our current leadership in the fish division, nor the director, will do anything about it. Spineless guys just collecting a paycheck and probably waiting for that state retirement pension. At least Unsworth had the cojones to take a stand, even though the strategy beyond that wasn't really thought out. Susewind and Cunningham are puppets for the tribe. And I'm sure Kelly c is probably feeling burnt by the tribe since he was instrumental in helping pass the comanager hatchery policy they all wanted, including QIN, Lummi, upper Skagit and Tulalip. It is pretty clear how much he's in their pocket if you attended the final commission meeting or watched it online. After that policy was passed by the commission, it was hard to miss the huge hug that Lummi leaders gave Kelly before he could even stand up from his seat at the front of the room. But to me its a good thing that the tribes are taking over or helping with hatchery production though. WDFW, with all of the money they spend on hatcheries, still cant seem to produce any harvestable fish for us. Or the ones they do, we can't fish for, like here in Chehalis or up at George Adams. Yet in the case of steelhead, they applaud themselves for tossing them into lakes and saying: See? Here are some hatchery fish for you.