Looking at the Quinault Tribal web site, it is unclear as to whether or not they are going to open the chehalis. There regs only say an emergency closure till the end of the fall coho season, Nov. 30. There is no scheduled opening now for Steelhead or late coho, so it is unclear if they are not posting it or actually have it closed. The Copolis and Moclips show the same thing.

The Quinault River is scheduled for a full commercial and sports fishery. The Queets showed commercial through this week, with a sports fishery through March. I will try to remember to see if they issue a continued commercial fishery on the Queets.

I am not sure that they get many Steelhead off any of the Chehalis system, so it may not be economical to fish, so why bother. I met a tribal member a few years back who said that he was the only one with a permit to fish the Copalis and Moclips for Steelhead. So again, the economic impact of closing them is minor. And with the low numbers, most members would probably don't bother spending much time rec fishing them, since the on reservation rivers are so much better.