Originally Posted By: Flatbrim Pescador
Originally Posted By: FleaFlickr02
The favorite to win the next race is Inslee's A.G... and we know he hasn't been exactly pro-sport fishing.

According to the latest polling results, Dave Reichert, a Republician, is beating Ferguson by 2 points.

https://www.nwprogressive.org/weblog/202...poll-finds.html

The 9 points of "undecided" voters is what we need to watch. Maybe half those folks are legitimately considering both candidates, but many are just bluffing and will eventually go the direction they normally vote. Young progressives are upset with the Democratic party right now, mostly because the Biden administration failed to seal the deal on the tuition reimbursement thing, and they are making a lot of threats about not supporting Democrats in 2024. I think they're doing it for effect (that won't be realized), and when the chips are down and the only alternative to voting for Democrats is voting for Republicans, they will hold their noses and vote D, putting Ferguson over the top (perhaps after a tribally-funded recount or two). But we shall see.

I don't know much about Reichert. I need to read up. He's a Republican, so I'm sure I will fundamentally disagree with some of his positions, but as long as he's not a total nutjob, I'll give him serious consideration, because the devil we know (Ferguson) is not on the side of sport fishing.