Hi All

One of main reasons we can fish the Skagit & OP Rivers on the North Coast is the Tribes/Co-Managers Worked with WDFW to come up with agreements that allow both sides to fish. Key words are WORKED WITH.

I attended both the on-line Steelhead Town Halls and a local meeting in Forks put on by the guides. Both times it was mentioned that the Hoh & Quileute's worked with WDFW to hash out an agreeable season for both.

On the other hand, the Quinault's don't seem to be a as "agreeable" to working with WDFW & when it comes to the Queets the Park. In my view the Quinault's should be ashamed that the Queets struggles to make Escapement Goals for Steelhead & Coho.

I read in multiple articles that WDW spent 2 weeks submitting proposals/options to the Quinault's for many of you to fish the Grays Harbor Hatchery fish only to be shot down. My view is that WDFW wants you fishing. Takes pressure of other areas.

Why should the Quinault's negotiate. They face no re-percussions/consequences. They net, they have their guides, and nothing can be done. As long as people pay the $$ why should they.

Maybe all of you affected by the Quinault's lack of negotiations should do what they did on the Skagit. Protest, get on the news. Make a big stink. I'm sure the Quinault's don't want bad press. Hell, get it organized and I'll drive down to support you.

Good Luck

Edited by k&P (01/17/24 01:40 PM)