Lifter, I had the pleasure of getting reconstructive surgery on my ankle last year about this time. I was at home for a few months doing physical therapy and healing up. During this time I figured it'd be a good idea to call wdfw and talk to them. The info I posted was told to me by the regional hatchery director (cant remember the name). Not fishing was my initial bitch (still no good reason its closed) . This led to conversations about wynoochee winter runs and suggesting altering planting numbers(more summers / less winters). After speaking to a few people i got this feeling like the employee's at wdfw feel as if "nothing can be done". The inaction, lack of manuevering to provide something meaningful is what irritates me more than closing a season. Maybe if they actually told us real reasons things are closed (QIN not co managing and just managing) wdfw may be in better favor of the public. fwiw, I had better luck calling and leaving voicemail and directly harassing them versus email. Feel free to call them or tpu to verify.