RnG, the agreement before the season was that I could sample and collect 50 steelhead each year. It was a very interesting situation. The US set the time of the season (June-July) but the Russians set the quotas for salmon caught. The reason the US set the months and area fished was because US scientists had determined that mostof the US salmon had migrated out of that area by the start of the season. The reason the Russians set the quotas was because it was determined that the Japanese were catching mostly Russian salmon in the fishing area during that time. I was able to meet the Russian fish inspectors when I was out there because they would come aboard the mothership often to check the logbooks. I never knew when the season would end because the Japanese and Russian would determine that. I never knew what the quota numbers were since the US didn't set the quotas. The Japanese would tell me when the season would end and they would take me into port to go home. It was a long time ago but I do remember that quite a few of the steelhead that were collected were from BC streams. I think Robertson Creek was one of the. Interesting times and real education for me.