Cowlitzfisherman

you are certainly entitled to your opinion.. Hatcheries do have their place it seems that here in Washington hatcheries have their place in every single salmon/steelhead river!!! every single damn one of them!!!!!!!!!!! I know of no rivers salmon/steelhead rivers in our state that are not planted with hatchery fish.. NOT ONE!!!!! There may be one but I don't know about it.

I frankly am sick to death of people talking about the need for harvest opportunity.. Seems to me that opportunities for harvest have done nothing but increase the last 3 years!! What I object to is that WDFW is doing absolutely nothing not one damn thing to save wild salmon and steelhead.. if they refuse to obey the federal law then I say to hell with them and their hatcheries...

My colors have been showing for a long time . I have never hid them from anyone. In fact i am damn proud of them.. Because what I believe is based on the best available science. Wild fish have a proven record of recovering very quickly when hatchery plants are eliminated. You cannot deny that! Wild runs also have a history of going in the tank when hatchery fish are added.. That also you cannot deny.. If we were to do one thing to save our wild fish the single best thing we could do would be to shut down hatcheries!!!!!

Anyone who has a problem with that has a problem with science!