dans, you seem to be very smart when it comes to these issues so i have a question for you.

where are the studys that have been done on each of these 18 hatcheries that wt wants closed that prove that these 18 hatcheries are in fact killing wild fish ?, please dont refer me to read studys that have been done on other rivers because the last time i checked all rivers were diffrent (watersheds, flow, strains of fish etc.) and i guess while your at it you can answer the grand question, why are there any wild fish in any river with a hatchery on it ?, and also, while i`m at it rolleyes , these studys show that a hatchery fish and a wild fish when spawned together in the wild put out an offspring with next to zero survival, can you say that even if the wild fish of the 2 did spawn with another wildfish that those offspring would have survived ?, and how do they know that with the wild fish strays that it wasnt time for that impaticular wild fish to be kicked out of the gene pool since it could have itself been a stray from years ago ? where are the studys that were done before hatcheries were on rivers that show that this wasnt always happening ?, i just feel you cant possibly use this study as a model for all rivers with hatcheries because there are some rivers with hatcheries that do infact have healthy wild fish runs, i am for finding out why that is and reforming the hatcheries on the rivers with poor wild fish runs and working with the state to do that rather than always being against what they are doing and it is not going to happen over night.