Go back and reread my first post. In that post I metioned the huge returns of fish to the Columbia. So here I will also say to look at the banner runs of silvers we had, the best runs of kings on the coast in years. Hatcheries did that. I do not like the WDFW at all, but they are between a rock and a hard place. Hunters and fishermen are yelling for more game. Animal rightest are yelling to stop all harvest. Special interest groups are suing over stupid issues, By this I mean other groups then WT. WT and others are saying to fix this, fix that. But what should the state do? They can't please everyone. Not a single group is pouring in the money to help out except sport license holders. When I said WT should work with the state, I mean get in there and help fix the problems, not just point them out over and over. I am sure the state would love for WT and others to come over and say, "hey we have ten thousand dollars, lets fix this damn hatchery up real good." Instead they stand around like county road crews and point to the problem, fix that, fix this, do it now. WT has worked with SPU, Vashon Island groups, and done some wonderful habitat projects. But I see nowhere in their web page any coworking with WDFW on hatcheries. Only lawsuits. I feel some of their efforts and resources should go into that. Quit wasting money on needless studies and suits. But continue to do some beneficial studies like impact and fish counts. I also feel that this pending suit will end before court. But I think it will be because WT is getting so much negative feed back on it. And the likelyhood that the Feds will not go against the state. The state IS putting more geneticially identical fish in the rivers, the Feds don't care where the fish are born, only that they be in the rivers.