Aunty,

You should hear me cuss sometime. I've been known to launch into tirades that would make even Superfly blush! eek

I'm not attacking Superfly personally, just using his posts as an example. Yeah this issue stirs up some strong feelings, and I DO understand the emotions behind it, especially from someone who makes their living through sportfishing.

Let me put it to you this way: Mike Glichrist, Ramon Vanden Brulle, Todd Ripley, Gooose, Stlhdh2o, Quillback, Leadslinger, RichG etc... all presented valid points representing both sides of this issue. NONE of them resorted to name calling and personal attacks. We sportfishers are typically viewed as "Bubba" types (for lack of a better term) to the general public who don't fish, so in a PUBLIC forum such as this where a good cross-section of fishers are represented, why RE-INFORCE that notion?

As you are well aware, once these threads deteriorate into "slam-fests" NOTHING beneficial comes from it (except the "Jerry Springer" entertainment value laugh )

I realize that Superfly is your friend and that you are here to defend him. For that I give you credit, but imagine for a moment that you are Ramon VB and you are trying to clear up some of the mis-information about your organization's position, and someone starts with the name calling. Are you going to want to stick around and verbally spar with them? (then again, you and Stlhdh2o have had your moments :p laugh ) If these WERE Stlhdh2o's posts, would you also staunchly defend his right to express himself in this manner?

If we in the sportfishing community are to have ANY kind of credibility, we need to THINK before we spout off. That's all. smile