I'm guessing JoJo has more of an issue with this state (or just the 3 counties which run it) than this single issue. For all you folks saying "if you don't like it just leave" you're really just denying others the chance to voice an opinion that's different than your own.

This state and it's local jurisdictions have been run by D's for a quite a while now. Point out one positive policy the Democratic run state government has done for us? We haven't rebuilt the viaduct, haven't done anything with 520, haven't done [censored] if you ask me.

We did build an expensive building where drunks can get tanked and then have a nice cozey place for Medic 1 to pick them up and take them to Harborview for an evening of detox or dialysis on our dime. Built self cleaning toilets to the tune of millions which were already proven to have failed in San Fran. We have built a light rail system that isn't going to help one commuter.

I'll be the first to say that these last 8 years nationally will go down as the biggest disaster in American history. But what about our state? What have the D's done to help us. Grow our government so they have a big enough voting base to keep them in office for eternity? Ron Simms.... CAO? Brightwater? 1% for the arts? Schools.... the kids still can't read or write. Etc, etc.

Gets pretty old listening to all you lefties telling everyone else how wrong they are for having a different political viewpoint. JoJo brings up one issue that rubs him the wrong way and all you can say is don't let the door hit you in the ass. It would seem in your little world looking at life thru a teeny little window that people who think different than you should just STFU.

I love this area and probably won't live anywhere else. Doesn't mean I have to agree with the growing left/liberal/let me do whatever the [censored] I want attitude.

Edited by wntrrn (11/26/08 11:20 AM)