The original posting on this was about the nude bike rides in Seattle. Most posters here see it as a freedom issue. Well, I disagree. How far should freedom go. Should anything go? How would you feel about a teacher whipping out his dick and teaching his kindergartners about Masturbation? How about if he did it from a Float during Macey's Thanksgiving Parade? How about if he did it during the Gay Pride Parade? Sure you can argue that we should expect such during the Pride Parade, but how do you explain it when to people who were unaware the parade was taking place, like a tourist who just happens to be in the area with his Kids?

A bit extreme, but I think as a parent I should have the right to limit what I want my child to be exposed to. The main problem with the nude bike rides is that people were unaware they were going to happen. Kids were playing in the fountain when nudists starting prancing around them. Families were walking together when they were over taken by throngs of naked bikers. At that time they had no choice or Freedom to aviod the issue. Why must it be OK to force others to accept your values over another, especially when the values you are pushing are uncommon and against social norms. I have no problem with nudists or nudist beaches or bike rides or whatever, but I do not want to have to expose my children to them. There are millions of places to prance around nude but to do it in Seattle Center or Downtown Seattle only prove that they are doing so to get attention. Who cares if they do it on a particular beach or on a particular county road were it can easily be avoided. The gay pride parade and Soltice Parade prove that this can go much farther. If we allow it then, why not everywhere?
To insist on pushing your values in my face will get my attention. If they had started prancing around my kids, I would be pissed of too, as most parents would be.