Originally Posted By: Sol Duc
Oh,ok almighty rifle builder....lol It's called assembling a rifle. you didn't machine any part on any guns...lol Do you mean you polished a feed ramp or two? Would love to hear your smith skills.....lol

Love that term..." I'm going build me a new AR" Laffin. Corndouche!

Not too sure how AR rifle "builds" got in this conversation. I have no desire for any new AR these days. I have 3 that suit my needs and don't want any more. I can see why you didn't pick cabinetry, though.

But, if I had to "build" one, I've been toying with the idea of going to Mordor and starting an elven "ore" facility under Orodruin, but just haven't had the time yet. Not too sure the stuff down there is actually "ore", but I suspect once it is forged up up in to a block, it will make a killer AR lower.

You mine and forge your own material, right? Anything less puts you at a lego assembler.

While I could just download and get the cnc code for a spec AR lower, borrow my buddies cnc machine, download the code on the computer, put the material in the machine and hit the start button, that's not good enough to actually "build" an AR. Right?

You own and code your OWN cnc code for AR lower's right? Care to share that code with us? Anything less than you actually coding your AR lower from every last line of code puts you at a lego assembler. Right?

Ok, I will admit that I'm going to have the Elven smiths of Eregion forge and do their magic to make my AR lower, as I personally do not have those types of made skills.

I mean, come on, anyone can use a cnc machine. BOOOOORING. YAWN. Right?

Can't say that I've lathed my own barrel, as I don't own that type of lathe, but again, I'm pretty good with code, a computer, researching, and the use of some good calipers. At the end of the day, with all that work spent doing that and for what, I'll probably have the elves do the barrel at the same time as the lower.

Once again, pretty sure a Elven smiths of Eregion barrel is going to bad ass and way worth it on this "build".

But yes, I'll just go and buy a good trigger and the necessary pins, bolts, actions, furniture, etc, and just "assemble" the rifle like one does with legos.

So yeah, I'd just be a "builder" or "assembler" of AR's. I'm not a big fan of making crap that someone has already made or can make. Just not worth my time or desire, especially in an AR build.

The TRUE rifle builders are the custom rifle guys that make high end rifles and shooters. Like the stuff Black Bart did. Cool stuff.